Just wanted to kidnap my blog right quick and let you know that the Bellflower Chamber of Commerce Business Expo and Ice Cream Social was a success. As you know QS Simple Treasures Greetings & Collections is a online company dedicated to greetings and gift ideas that has finally developed enough product to now begin entering the vending world; and its been good so far. After all, we're only four vendor events in. We are learning as we grow and if we keep up this pace, who knows where we will be in the future.
So what have we learned from prior and recent events? We've learned the following:
- Count Check Inventory: Do it a couple of days before the event so that you can restore what you don't have and see what you need.
- Create a Task and Need List: Write down all that you need and go over this list often to make sure you have everything and it's packed in with your product.
- Condense and Organize Inventory: Find containers that allow all of your products to fit and be condensed. This cuts down on having more than you need.
- Come early - Early worm gets to choose their spot and when you do you can get the table closest to where the customers arrive.
- The Set Up - Make sure that your area is set up nice, neat and organize your products accordingly.
- Giveaways and or Participation - Have something to give away with or without purchase. Or a pick your name game or whatever your innovative thoughts. This excites the potential customer and kind of keeps you in their memory, and who knows, they may buy right then or come back and buy.
- Acknowledge Fellow Vendors - If you get set up early, before the event begins take time to visit all of the fellow vendors area. Introduce yourself, share your business and give your business card. In turn, ask them about their business, indulge in their information and retrieve their business cards. This establishes the tone of the customer service you provide which shows everyone how to be and/or your expectation as well.
- Potential Customers Visiting Your Area - Be all smiles. Ignore your phone. Know your product. Represent your product. Give short summaries and prices. Be engaging, authentic and let fate take its course.
These are just the basics and as time goes on I will share more. But this was a wonderful and gracious experience. People were welcoming and open to our table and just the event period. Please see our set up below:
|Photo Credit: QS Images|
Have you gotten your QS Simple Treasures Greetings & Collections yet? Well, what are you waiting for? Get your Simple Treasures now!!!