- Believe in yourself
- You can do it
- Build a team
- Find someone who believes in you and what you're doing
- Go for it
- Take a leap of faith and trust yourself
At a young age I understood what type of person I was and growing to become. I learned that I am a dreamer and a doer. I am a visionary and an executor. I am a boss and a worker bee. So, if I ever aspired to do something, I will seek out help from people who I think possess the information, or the knowledge and know-how. However, if that gets me no where, then best believe Quanda R. Graves will find out how to do it herself, even at the cost of big trials and errors, because what I truly believe about life is that if you try hard enough, eventually you'll be placed in the right location or with the proper people to further your steps, it's just that way. In essence, I look at it like this, if you can help me, I will see what you're sharing, if not, I will find my own way.
I then, learned how to give that question some thought and how to respond. Because often, people know what they want and how to expand it but not how to begin, and vice versa. Sometimes, it's really just the basics we need. Now, some years later, I'm here, and I'm pursuing my dreams and running across people who own some similar, and as I said at the top of this feature, I'm now faced with that a question. Where do I begin? I'm happy to report that I've provided responses to that question many times over and gotten gratefulness and appreciation thrown back at me which let me know that the advice that I've given that I currently use for myself to become an author, poet, entrepreneur and indulge in other endeavors, have worked for others. May they work for you as well.
- First figure out which dream you would like to tackle first.
- Research and write down all that is associated with your dream that you need.
- Create a price list for everything you need.
- Purchase a device or planner (if you're a planner person) to begin keeping track of all of your purchases and steps.
- Began purchasing off of your list and crossing them off as you go and move forward from there.
- You are the accountant: Keep your financials in order (receipts, taxes and business documents, records of revenue and expenditures).
- You are the administrative assistant: Keep your appointments listed, write the emails, memos, proposals, set up your budget, and contact excel sheets, create and organize your files, check your messages and follow up on your tasks, etc.
- You are the social media manager: Set up your social medial profiles, write and set up the content for them and update them often.
- You are the publicist, product manager, advertiser and Marketer: Write your press releases and publish them, write scripts for advertising or have them written, seek out radio features, and other places to be featured. If you have a product, you must find places to host them and more. How your product or services should be marketed , find where to advertise and so on.
- You are the designer and visionary: You are to create the look, the packaging, come up with the logo, the mission statement, the plan and vision, overall and execute it. Not to mention continuously brainstorming of new ideas to keep your product or services fresh and always work to project your company's future direction.