Monday, October 23, 2017

Dreams "Are Meant to be Lived" pt. II

I hold fast to my dreams
Like Langston Hughes told me to
Glad he did because mine would've died
Long before they were supposed to

Because when life gets in the way
Depending on how your cards are laid
It's so easy to become discouraged and dismayed

Yet and still, I hold fast to dreams
Because they are always trying to escape
Through the windows of situations, circumstances
   tragedies and un-expectancies...

But I shall not let them go
I shall not let them leave
I know my life is more than
   what it currently perceives

My dreams are my youth
My dreams are my proof

For if I let them die
Old I will become. Sinking in regret.
Thinking of only the ability and potential I had

Never did I pursue, Never did I use
Never did I do...

Anything with it
I let the sky be my limit
When I could've went way beyond stars

I shall not be that rocking chair woman with only
lemonade and wisdom to give... I shall live...

By making my dreams palpable, a reality
build, create a legacy, of my inner me

So, I shall hold fast to dreams
Be all that I can be
I will never let any of my obstacles stop me

Because my dreams. My journey (s)
Are meant to be.....Lived.



This poem was premiered in a series called "Poetic Uprising" at Max Blooms in Fullerton, California. It was there Until did her Poetry Resident and met the Founder of a foundation called Kind-Hearted Compassion in Action and was asked to perform this poem for an upcoming event. The event was called "Elevate Genius" which happened on December 12, 2015 at the Yost Theater in Santa Ana, CA. Presented by Kind-Hearted Compassion in Action Foundation in which Until is also a part of.

 This poem was met with great applause and wonderful comments. If you would like to purchase Until's book called "I Just Want to Write" please visit her website at www.untilnomore.net and to find out more about the foundation and event, please visit the website at www.kindheartedcompassion.org.

 "Follow your dreams, because when you're happy, everyone in your life benefits. You can't beat it, happiness is contagious." ~ Until...

#IJustWanttoWrite #ElevateGenius #KindHeartedCompassioninAction #AuthorandSpokenWordArtistUntil #ArtofJazz


No comments:

Post a Comment

Purpose and Passion